Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dodging the Bullet.

I brought in the new year with a horrible cold that isn't making my life wonderful. So I am overly proud that I accomplished all kinds of housework over the past few days, despite the evil cold. Including not sluffing off church this morning, even though I had a sinus headache and sore throat. I'm glad I didn't. I always enjoy church and today was no exception. 

On the way home, this is what we were driving towards, which definitely had us (my sister and I) a bit concerned. We figured it was the storm that had just ripped up the Midwest and we wanted no part of it.  So what does the driver do? Pick up the phone and start snapping pictures, of course! I can't help it, I'm totally addicted to nature shots - sunrises, sunsets, changing leaves, sun streaming through the clouds... I just have to document it.  This one had us worried, however, I don't think we saw even a drop of rain from this vicious looking cloud.

After lunch with the family and a few more chores in the house, I settled in to some surfing on my snazzy cool dial-up internet connection. I bet there are some of you who have no idea what dial-up is, and I hate you. But anyway, to make the lag time a bit easier, I made cards for our troops overseas and veterans of former wars/conflicts.  To think of how our vets were treated in the 60's makes me sick, so hopefully a handmade card with love from a stranger will help heal the wounds.

Thanks to Operation Gratitude, I just bundle them up and mail them to one of the addresses and they do the rest.  The link will take you to both addresses, but surf their site and you'll see other ways to give back to our troops.

I will find a better way to improve the quality of these pics because they honestly don't look that bad on the phone. Bear with me or find someone to run me some cable lines out here. Either way, I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...