Thursday, March 10, 2011

Beautiful Sunsets.

This afternoon was a beautiful sunset of oranges and purples that literally filled the sky with color.  And tonight, the sky was completely filled with bright twinkling stars that were just amazing.

God is still right here. The times are sad because Pa Boots was a much loved man. But I know he's with God. The same God that painted the beautiful sunset for us this evening and placed each and every star in the sky for us tonight. So how can I not be happy for Pa Boots at the thoughts of him in heaven?
 
My grandparents.
I think I look a lot like grandma.

 I know it might sound crazy, but I do occasionally talk to those who have already passed. Maybe not to them directly, but I'll ask God to please let them know I love them and still think of them. Or in the case of my own grandparents, I can't wait to meet them for the first time, in heaven! I regret I never had the chance to know them, to see my granddad coming in from fishing with his catch and pole. Taste grandma's cooking and play a few hands of cards with her. But I feel like they both know about me and get a kick out of the bits and pieces of them that have carried over into me.

Tonight brings back so many memories of those who I've lost over the years, but honestly, I'll be seeing them again. Without the aches and pains and sorrows of life, but with the joy of God and His love. :)

It's these thoughts I'll take to bed with me. "What a day that will be, when my Savior I shall see, and I'll look upon His face, the One who saved me by His grace, and He'll take me by the hand, and lead me to the promised land, what a day, glorious day, that will be!" (I hope I have all the words right! *laugh*)

Good night, ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...