Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I did it! :)

I'm so proud of myself. I made a double layer carrot cake with cream cheese icing from scratch - all by myself! :)  Every once in a while I get the urge to try my hand at cooking or baking and you never know how it's going to turn out.  It's always an adventure.

But this time, it turned out WONDERFUL! It was very moist, very tasty and VERY CUTE!


I'm really bad to tweak recipes before I try them, based on the comments in the reviews. These reviewers didn't lead me astray and it turned out great.  :)  YAYAYAYAY! 

Want to see the recipe?  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Carrot-Cake-III/Detail.aspx

I did make a few changes:
  • 1 cup of white sugar and 1 cup of brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup of oil and 1/2 cup of applesauce
  • added some nutmeg and allspice
  • grated the carrots with the cheese grater side to reduce moisture in the cake.
So yummy. Yum yum yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...