Friday, March 25, 2011

Mending Hearts.


Click the picture to visit the Etsy website for this product.


A sincere apology can go a long way
towards mending hard feelings
and erasing bad memories. 

I had a two-and-a-half-hour long conversation with an old friend last night.  We've been through the good, the bad and the ugly together and have somehow managed to come out on the other side.  His friendship is valuable to me, even though we drive each other crazy on a frequent basis.  Too often our history clouds the present and hard feelings creep back into the conversations.

But last night, a simple, sincere, baldly honest apology closed the book on many old memories, healing something I rarely acknowledged was still hurting. It was difficult to go back to some of those times, but still very healing, I believe.

Apologies, although difficult to suck up pride and say out loud, can go a long way to developing stronger relationships. I'm very thankful for my friend, who was able to do so with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...