Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Stitch in Time.





Whirligig quilt made by my great-grandmother. Sewn by hand with love. I wish I knew more, like did her little girls have dresses made from these fabrics? Or did she make an apron for herself to keep the flour off her clothes? What were her thoughts as she sewed the pieces together?

I'm happy to have them in my house, to be another one of many hands to have held them and appreciated the craftsman ship and love that was sewn into every stitch.

Can you imagine every stitch, done by hand?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...