Friday, May 13, 2011

New Found Treasures.

Gary with a Geocache

It's a bit nerdy and/or dorky, but it's fun! Whipping out the cell phone, searching for the coordinates and then tracking down the hidden treasure - it's Geocaching!  Gary and I dipped our toes into these waters last night, finding two rather quickly (thanks to his clever eye!) and logging in our finds at http://www.geocaching.com/.

These little hidden treasures are EVERYWHERE around you.   It's really cool to find the treasures right in plain sight that I've passed by a million times and never noticed.  So cool to be one of those people "in the know!"

Check it out - there are various difficult levels, wheelchair accessible options, on the beaten path, off the beaten path, so on and so forth. Join me in the adventure! :)

________________________

On an unrelated note:  I planted flowers in the flower bed at work!  I figure I spend A LOT of time here, walking in and out of the door beside the sketchy looking flower bed, which was so depressed looking it just made me sad.  So, I forked out the money and invested some TLC into the area.  Don't know much about flowers, but I used a Red, White and Blue theme to match the Elections Office and Veteran's Office. :)  Love it! Am enjoying walking out and looking at it and random times during the day.  (Again, I'm a dork, but I've already made this confession, so you shouldn't be shocked, right?)

I have no idea why we planted right around the rock, as if we couldn't move it. It's just always there, so I guess I figured it just needed to stay. Look at the adorable mini rose bush!  Got it for $5 at Lowe's (and bought three more yellow/pink ones for my house!)  That rose makes me happiest!

Ya'll have a GREAT weekend and if nothing else, I'll see you back here for Muffin Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...