Friday, September 16, 2011

My Birthday Wish


Click here for a cupcake blog!!
 TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY! And I adore my birthday! For the past two years, I've used my excitement and aging to promote a very worthy organization to raise funds for - The USO.  Follow the link if you'd like to learn more about this awesome group.

This year, however, I know we are all broke. So I'm asking for another Birthday Wish, please.

*Beth's Birthday Wish* 

Please take a moment and send a card to my two guys I've adopted overseas.  The thoughts of our troops in harms way with no letters from home to keep their spirits high just rips my heart in two.  PLEASE, just jot a note down that says - "HEY, you are thought of, prayed for, cheered for - we appreciate you, you are a hero and we hope you come home soon". Or "HEY, Clover beat York last night - love that high school rivalry, my cat is awesome and supports our troops, too and the movie Thor was pretty awesome."

Seriously, it isn't rocket science to send a letter. And it take regular stamps, nothing expensive or fancy.

(For whatever reason, people are googling one of these addresses a little too much, so I'm removing the addresses from the web.  Also, these troops' addresses change frequently, therefore they may no longer be up to date. If you would like to send letters, cards, etc, please visit www.anysoldier.com and adopt your very own troop!)

Thank you for participating in my wish.  It will make me HAPPY, will mean the WORLD to a serviceperson overseas, and will make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Promise. :)  Now, I'm blowing out my candle so the wish will come true!

1 comment:

  1. THANKS TO PAULENE! She works for Girl Scouts and already has letters addressed to my guys and ready to mail! My wish is coming true, one letter at a time. THANK YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...