Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hiccups. And other things.

I'm sitting at my computer, an hour after my bedtime, wide awake and jumping every so often with a hiccup. Ugh, I find hiccups so annoying.  Yes, at one point I would say I found them fun and interesting, but no longer. I'm too old to find hiccups a funny twist of life.

Like sneezes. Some people just adore sneezes. Thinks they are so cute sounding or funny feeling in your nose. But me, I don't think so. My sneezes are usually crazy wild and at 66% beyond full speed. When I'm done, I feel like I've been smacked backwards.

But regardless of these two items, I wanted to share how excited I am about my project today!  A co-worker and I went into a local elementary school and the third, fourth and fifth graders used the election machines to determine their student council! It was awesome seeing these students using the same machines as their parents during the Presidential elections (or any local elections).  They were so smart and picked right up on how to work the machines.  It was great. I enjoy so very much going into our elementary and middle schools, seeing their excitement over the row of voting booths and the smiles of accomplishment when they receive their sticker. Just awesome.

Tomorrow, however, I visit our local high school. My alma mater. And high schools - they are intimidating. Because I'm a plain jane gal - no make-up, no fancy clothes, my hair is straight and flat - I just figure they look at me and dismiss me immediately.  I'm actually bribing them to listen to me by tossing candy to those who answer my questions correctly.  Again, it's a great experience to bring students and voting information together, but I'm a nervous wreck! Ya'll be sending some good vibes my way in the morning, ok?

So I learned from a parent volunteer today that in California, people opened their garages for voting.  You applied to be a voting location and just opened up for Election Day. HOW CRAZY IS THAT! I couldn't believe it. Craziness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...