Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sister Love.


My date this Friday night - Miss Ellie Bellie - ended up sick.  So no date with Ellie Bellie this week. :(  BIG FROWNY FACE.  So, my sister came over last night and ended up hanging out for quite a while.  Yes, she is my next door neighbor and our driveways adjoin, however, I don't often get a chance to laze about catching up on the lastest chit chat in her world.

Katie and I are close. Probably closer than most sisters because we were housemates for about 10 years. Roomates for probably 14 years before that. 

When she was in college, our parents booted us out of the house because my mom, and I quote, "wanted to see what this empty nest syndrome was all about."  They owned a small house directly in front of their own, which was my great-grandmother's house, that they rented since I can remember.  They fixed it up and moved us into it.  When Katie came home for the weekend, she came home to me instead of her mom & dad (granted, they were right behind us!).

After about five years, Katie bought my grandmother's house (right next door) and we moved into it.  Then, she got married and I got the boot again, back into my great-grandmother's house next door, where I currently live. 

All this togetherness developed into having not only a sister, but the closest friend you can imagine, living with you 24/7.  It was happy that she found a wonderful guy to marry, but sad to move out from my closest friend. So moments here and there like we had last night are precious - love it.

So yes, my date was cancelled, but my sister made for a pretty good fill-in. :)  Happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...