Tuesday, March 27, 2012

So far to go.

I receive these emails every morning in my inbox from Girlfriends in God.  I really love waking up and checking my email on my phone to see what new bit of wisdom they help impart into my very thick skull.

Inevitably, the lesson is demonstrated to me later in the day, as I fall on my face with an epic FAIL.  Like anger.  The lesson was about harsh words, thinking before you speak, closely guarding your tongue. I read it and basically thought - yeah yeah yeah - read read read and off to work I go.  That afternoon. EPIC FAIL!

Over and over I'm shown how far I have to go, how much I have to grow. And that's ok. Because I sometimes think - Hey, I'm doing pretty good. I'm improving and then I get lazy. So when I need another shove to get me moving in the right direction, there is another reality check waiting for me. :)

I do hate that I'm such a rough cut of what I should be, but little by little I'm being whittled away at until one day I'll be a smoother shape that one can see the resemblance of Jesus in me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...