Friday, June 8, 2012

Retirement Day!

Mom and one of her coworkers, Debbie

Mom's gift from the school,
a beautiful engraved bracelet
 "The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off."                                 --Abe Lemons


I think this guy may have a good point.  Guess we'll find out as Mom's last day at work was today.  The champagne is chilling, ready to celebrate with the family.  Picking up a cake and grilling out.  Her new job will be babysitter for Macy! :)  I'm not sure which job will be harder, school secretary or babysitter. What a blessing that she was able to retire just as Macy is being born! Perfect.

Mom's school picture, several years ago. 



My mom's speech was so good - just awesome. But that's for another post. It's time for me to leave and head home for a party! Ya'll have a great weekend, see you on Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...