Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thirty Things on Thursday - 4

Join me for week four of Thirty Things on Thursday! :)

This week:
Question 4.  List 10 things you would tell your 16-year-old self, if you could. 

Sheesh. I don't typically live in the high school past.  I'm going to try and we'll see where this goes:

Senior prom. I'm 17, but couldn't easily
get my hands on a 16 yr old pic.
1- He isn't the love of your life. (I'm not sure who is, but it isn't him.)

2- You are beautiful. BEAUTIFUL. Enjoy that skinny body now because it will not last.

3- You are smart. No really, you are and you shouldn't take it for granted, but instead should dive into new areas to learn even more.

4- I'm proud of you. You aren't trendy, you aren't fashionable, you aren't super cool, but you have a neat personality that makes you unique. I'm glad you realize you don't need all that superficial stuff. Good Job!

A friend and I after a band concert
5- Yes, your parents are strict. I know, I know. But they love you - oh my gracious do they love you - and you'll be better for it in the end.

6- I wish I could help you fear less and take more chances - go for it, girl! You've got mad skills that you'll forget about later in life, so soar with them now!

7- When your dad yells, "Tap It Out, Leroy!" across the field when it's pretty much silent and everyone across three counties can hear him, he's really telling you he loves you and is proud of you.  :)

8- Eat something other than Reese Cups and Dunkin' sticks. That is horribly unhealthy for you and what the heck are you thinking? How about creating some healthy habits for a change?

9- This is simply a warm-up for the life you have ahead. Yes, you are having fun and I'm thankful for that... but girl, you have so much to come that will be wonderful. Enjoy this now, be prepared for so much more!

10- Don't. Just don't. You know what I'm talking about, get your head on straight and listen to me. Don't. ... ... then again, who knows what would change if you didn't, so it's ok. Do. :)




3 comments:

  1. Great post...LOVE the prom picture. :) I am SOOO glad those days are over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! Those days were fun, but I don't really miss them. :) I do miss that skinny body, though! Heaven help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my absolute favorite post of yours. I think because you told some of the same things I would tell my 16 year old self and even now, as an adult I still need to hear some of it. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...