Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thirty Things on Thursday - 6

Keeping with the 30 Things on Thursday theme...

6.  What is the hardest thing  you have ever experienced? 



I'm very fortunate in that I haven't seen many hardships in life.  Ups and downs, of course, but few crazy earth-shattering things that have set my world upside down.

When I first read this question, I'd have to say that death is the one thing that has shaken me up the most.  Health issues with the ones I love being a close second.  But the unexpected loss of a very dear friend was probably one of the worst things I've experienced.



My best friend's husband, he was also a very close friend of mine and Katie's.  Every Monday, the four of us would get together for dinner and games.  We celebrated birthdays like 5-year-olds.  We carved pumpkins and created Make-it Plates.  We were celebrating every week just being with each other.

It was an incredible loss when he passed away at 37-years-old.  Here today and then - BOOM. Gone.


I still miss him, he's personality and his humor. His competitive nature with Donna, his picky-eater-issues and his often said quote of, "Why the hell do I have to ______" (fill in the blank with whatever it was he didn't want to do... like Drive Home.)

SO yeah, there you go. :)  But remembering him still makes me smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...