Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Technology

Last night I spoke to a group of college students about registering to vote, what to expect on Election Day and so on. After working all day plus some, I presented starting at 7:30 pm.

Midway through, I saw a flash of light - a camera phone - and then I got nervous. What if someone is recording this, unbeknownst to me, and posting it to You Tube? Are they making fun of me? Will they try to prove what I'm saying is wrong? What will they do with it?

To tell you how paranoid I am, I checked You Tube last night.

You know, it's really frustrating that you have to worry about things like this. Where are the basic manners of people anymore? (not saying this group, heck if I know if they recorded it...but I do know they were taking pictures)

Earlier this week I was sitting in my car in a parking lot, finishing up a phone conversation. I look across at the person parked in from of me, and it seems she's taking my picture. What? I have no idea why or what she would do with it... Maybe make fun of the girl talking in the parking lot. But why? It's not that exciting or entertaining. But you know what, I've seen similar posted on facebook. People don't recognize privacy anymore.

I'll say this about last night's presentation...If I find anything posted online, I will contact the organizer. Not that I will, but it's sad that is a concern to even consider.

Technology...a blessing and a curse.
posted from Bloggeroid

1 comment:

  1. I know just what you mean. As a teacher, whenever I am out, I have to worry about whether or not I look appropriate and am acting appropriate!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...