Sunday, October 28, 2012

Looking for Happiness

I know I sound like a dang broken record, telling you how tired I am.  In the past two weeks, I've worked over 170 hours - I'm beyond tired, I'm exhausted. My poor buddy who was just being nice and asking me how I was doing ended up seeing my eyes fill with tears as I told her - I'm. Just. Exhausted. It's one of those don't-be-nice-to-me-or-I'll-cry things. You know what I'm talking about it.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty. 
                                                                                 John F. Kennedy 

For whatever reason, I at least feel like I'm a part of "Liberty and Justice for All."  I know, a little cog in the wheel of our country, but seriously, it's pretty cool to be a part of it.  At least, I keep telling myself. HAHAHA

So anyway, to keep sane, I try to notice some of the little things that I feel like I'm totally missing out on and I then try to latch onto their wonderfulness.  Because this craziness is almost past me and IT WILL BE OK (again, I keep trying to convince myself!)

So what is making me happy right now? This is:


This beautiful sunset that turned into this at the sun continued to dip below the horizon: 


It's like you can watch the night time begin to overtake the sun and the moon begins her reign over the sky. I love it.  It really was breathtaking and I'm so glad I made it home in time to see it.

What else is making me happy? My little niece, of course!


Macy Mae always makes me happy - she's so dang cute!! She looks like her daddy in this picture.  She's a happy baby and all smiles in the morning, which sets my day off to a great start.  Her sister was also home this weekend but I don't have any new pictures of her. But it was great to see her!

Those are two of my happy finds I thought I'd share with you.  Maybe you'd share something that makes you happy? Something small, silly, unique, whatever - give me SOMETHING to smile about!!!


2 comments:

  1. I used to work many many hours and I recall those days of 'be nice to me or I'll cry'! They are awful! Pretty pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear, I don't think I've ever been so tired! Gives you a new respect for people who are on constant alert and such. Sheesh!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...