Tuesday, November 13, 2012

So Honored. Thank you!

I know, I'm so incredibly behind in my blogging. I would stay late at work just to schedule ahead those days I always blog in order not to miss a day, but I haven't done much in the way of BLOGGING until this week. 

So, I'm late in doing this, but not because I wasn't completely honored and flattered.  



Folks, I have been nominated for an award!! I know, I never expected it and I'm totally touched!  Laura over at Mice in the Kitchen chose ME for this award! The Liebster Award!  Copied from Laura, "The Liebster award is given by fellow bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome."  Wow. This is so awesome. 

SO - I have to tell 11 things about myself. Answer the 11 items given by Laura for me to answer. Then nominate other blogs and give them a list of 11 things to answer.  And so it goes forward. 
Here are my 11 items that you may/may not know about me: 
  • I'm a music junkie. I always have a song or a jingle of some sort playing in my head. Always. 
  • As a child, I wanted to look Asian and asked my mom if I could have surgery on my eyes to make them more Asian-like and dye my hair black. Mom wasn't digging it. 
  • I have white spots on my two front teeth, which show up in most pictures. People used to ask about them when I was younger but now people are too PC to ask. The only thing we can figure is the meds from my ear infections as a kid impacted my teeth. 
  • Each day I get older, my patience gets shorter. I try to off-set it and stop before I make sarcastic comments, but I don't always succeed.
  • I think pug noses are cute on people. 
  • I'm searching for a rich man to marry me so I could work part-time and spend the rest of my time doing crafty creative things... 
  • I doodle. A lot. 
  • Thank you notes are a must.  Seriously. I believe in them firmly. 
  • Going home to a quiet peaceful, semi-clean house is wonderful to me. I do regret that I never had children, but the serenity in my home makes me very happy. 
  • Not that I don't want to get married one day. I would love to, but only to the right guy. I'm not into making mistakes because I don't want to be alone. I'd choose being on my own over being with the wrong guy. 
  • I took a leap of faith this year and decided to start selling my scrapbooks on Etsy.  The name of the online storefront is "Pressed Clovers" and I love giving people a way to preserve memories.  You can visit it at http://www.etsy.com/shop/PressedClovers



The 11 questions from Laura: 
* If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be and why?   Probably potatoes.  I love them. I've been known to eat four types of potatoes in one meal. :) 
* What is your biggest pet peeve?   Oh my gosh, I have so many. People who interrupt me. How rude!
* If you could live anywhere in the whole world where would it be?   Right where I am, in the middle of family. I love my house and I love my neighbors (haha!)
* Describe yourself using 3 words.   Friendly     Talkative     Genuine
* Who was your childhood hero?   My grandmother - and she still is, even though she's passed. 
* What did you want to be when you were growing up?   A teacher, but that didn't work out for me. 
* What was your favorite toy as a child?   Barbie maybe?  
* Dogs or cats?  CATS. 
* If you could turn any of your hobby's into a career and money was not a factor what would it be?  Well, I'm kinda doing that!! Pressed Clovers! :) 
* If you only got one phone call who would you call?   My mom. 
* What is the present on the top of your list for Christmas this year?  A Kitchen Aide Mixer. Or the Sound of Music dvd. 

So - I need to nominate some folks and give them my questions: 

Captivated by Love
Paulene Cruse
The 3 B's
The Scrampin' Mama

-- What is your favorite holiday and why?
-- What would you consider to be your dream job?
-- Why did you start blogging?
-- What is one talent you possess that you didn't discover until you were older?
-- Favorite animal?
-- Are you a morning, afternoon, or night person?
-- What one trait do you wish had?
-- Name one thing that is awesome about your home state.
-- You found a $20 bill in your pocket - what do you spend it on?
-- Are you named after someone? What's the story?
-- What is the go-to movie that always cheers you up?

Ok fellow Liebster Award winners - have at it! :) Thanks again to Laura for honoring me in this way - so nice! Thank you!


4 comments:

  1. You deserve that award and thank you for passing it on to me! :) Can't wait to sit down and answer your questions. Never knew you wanted to be Asian as a child, cracked me up! We were destined to meet! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't that funny? Can you get any whiter than me? and I wanted to be Asian so bad. HAHA! :)

      Your blog is awesome, an inspiration for motivation and creativity combined!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...