Sunday, January 13, 2013

Fail.

I said this weekend I'd either be chef-y or crafty. I chose crafty. It ended in disaster.

Let me explain. At a family get-together after Christmas, I asked if the deco mesh on the tree was going to be thrown away. Since we were in a community center and my cuz is the facility manager, I figured he would know...so, I saved it from the landfill and it came home with me. It rode around in my backseat for weeks.

This weekend I bought the wire frame to make a wreath, I downloaded a tutorial, I was ready to be crafty.



Muffin was ready to help. I did the pipe cleaners on the wire frame, I started winding my way through...



And it looked horrible. I had tried to use the "puffs" they had already created, but that was too large for my needs. I took all their puffs apart. Tried again. Fail.



I crammed it all in my trunk, which wouldn't even shut, and headed to mom's, where the meads it's right now.



If we manage to make this look like a wreath instead of a slaughtered mermaid, as my sister likes to call it, I'll let you know. Otherwise, consider this project a fail. :(
posted from Bloggeroid

2 comments:

  1. Girl, that was hilarious. Don't you hate when those tutorials don't come with a warning that your project will turn out to be a hot mess...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... I think I'm just not talented in this area because it really looked EASY. *sigh*

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...