Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Letters of Love.

If you've been here for a while, you know one of my loves is to write letters. Handwritten letters are just one of those things you carry around in your purse because the person who wrote it cares enough about you to WRITE a letter. I know, it's amazing.

Imagine my joy when I discovered this website where you write letters of love to random people. No seriously, it's awesome. LOVE this concept.


So there is a ... group? Website? Bunch of loopy people like me? who can submit a person they know who needs a love letter. And the rest of us loopy people will write letters to this person!  Letters of support, of understanding, of encouragement, whatever is needed.

You don't actually get their name and address - you send it safely to this group's address and do not include your own contact information. But you do know enough about the person to feel like you can reasonably write a letter for them.

I know, it sounds crazy. But I can think of people in my circle who have had times where a letter from someone saying - I understand, been there done that, burned my t-shirt and look, I managed to come out on the other side - it would have made a difference.

I don't know, I'm going to try it. I've signed up and I'll let you know what I think about it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...