Monday, June 17, 2013

Muffin Monday - The Last Hurrah


Well folks, I'm afraid this will be the last Muffin Monday.  She has never overcome her issues and still isn't eating.  Instead of watching her suffer as she continues to not eat, I've decided to put her down this week.  It's a tough decision, as you can imagine, but my vet has been wonderful through it all and respects my decision. My family has also be so supportive, knowing this has been my buddy for the past 13 years and is a very loved member of my household.

A sad posting, but I'm also relieved that she won't be in pain or struggling anymore. Such a tough decision.  *sigh* Such a rough decision.  But I truly feel it's the right decision.

So a lady came into the office this morning to work here for the first time. She'll be here for a week and we've never met.  Don't you know I totally lose it as I'm trying to email the vet and she walks in about that time? Yeah, that's my luck.  But she was so understanding since she had to put her dog down a few weeks ago, so we are now two peas in a pod. And then her daughter just texted that she's at the vet with her dog, which may also have to be put to sleep.  Sheesh!  We are all basket cases over here!

I'll post pictures from Macy's birthday party later today or tomorrow.  I'd appreciate your happy vibes sent my way to pull me through this! Many thanks!




2 comments:

  1. I'm so sad for you. :( I've been thinking about you this week and I hope you're remembering the good times and getting through it. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. I completely missed this post! I am so so sorry, I know just what you are going through.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...