Wednesday, January 1, 2014

One Little Word for 2014

As I lay here on the couch for the second night in a row, watching a marathon of Downton Abbey, I'm full of contentment. So peaceful in my little house, quiet, the Christmas tree lit up, the show on... Snuggled up on the love seat. It's just happiness.

Earlier today we celebrated my Mom's birthday all together at Cracker Barrel. Dad, Mom, Clay, Angela, Katie, Roger, the two sweet nieces and me. The full house, all of the crew! Loved it. So thankful for those moments we are all together. 

Sweet niece #2 knocked out on the way home. She was jut too precious. Adore both of my nieces and their personalities. :). 


Today is Day One of a new year, which means I should have already talked about my One Word for 2014. Maybe I did mention it in a previous post. Regardless, my word is Appreciation. I'm starting over with the first word I chose, the only one I was successful in applying to life. 

I am looking at it a bit differently this go round. Instead of showing appreciation to others, I'm more interested in appreciating my life. My blessings. My God in heaven above who is always here for me. It's so easy to see all the negative, the stressors, those bad things. They take over the joy of life and make me lose focus on all I have to be thankful for every single day. 

Like having my family together at brunch for Mom's birthday celebration!! Quiet nights, peaceful evenings, warm Christmas lights. 

Will you be picking one word this year? Other resolutions?? Fill me in!  And any suggestions on how to enjoy hot tea? I want to "Do theDownton" Sunday night for the return of Season Four. So far, I hate it!  Help!!


1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping to learn how to just let things happen and go with the flow. I'm realizing I'm a bit uptight and need to chill out more haha... My favorite cup of hot tea is a super hot black tea with cream and sugar. Yum! Also, try different flavors. I got a variety pack for Christmas with flavors like coconut chai, peach ginger, and rose. Get your Downton on! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...