Monday, March 24, 2014

My First Kickstarter Gift!

I'm pretty excited, ya'll.  I've given to various places/charities.  I've found teaching things online at the Donors Choose and helped out a school project.  But this is my first Kickstarter Campaign and I'm so excited!  Mainly because it's one I really get behind and believe in.

Ok OK! So what is it?!

She Reads Truth
What is She Reads Truth and why do they have a Kickstarter Campaign? Weeeellllll, I'm glad you asked. :)  I stumbled upon #SheReadsTruth from someone else's blog and checked into it.  Basically, it's a devotional for women, by women, and it's really cool. I first started reading the plans using my Bible App - YouVersion.  Loved it.  They have a writing style that I "get."  I started understanding the Bible through these devotions and things really started opening up for me.  It was exciting.  And the folks commenting on the website were great, too. It would be so encouraging to see someone else read and understood the same thing I did!  This is what put me onto reading my Bible on a daily basis.

They've moved away from them and are running the devotionals solely from their website at this point (or so I think).  It's a little more cumbersome, still the great messages and energy, but just a little more cumbersome.

Needless to say, I'm over the moon about this app.  Because this, my friends, will be awesome.

So I'm sharing the info with you for a few reasons - one: if you have wanted to get closer to God, to learn what He says, what He wants for you, what He is all about - this may be a good place for you to start.  It really helped me.  It's definitely made changes in my life. (Not #SheReadsTruth, but the Lord through this avenue.) two: if you find you like it and would like to help promote God's word to people - specifically women - all over the world, please consider a contribution.

I'm excited. I'm a dork, I know. I've been wanting to find something to endorse on Kickstarter... so happy to have found my avenue to do so! :)

Go check out She Reads Truth!

2 comments:

  1. I read She Reads Truth for a while, but I think it would be much easier if I had a smart phone or iPad. Cumbersome is a good word. ;) It is a great devotional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been meaning to email you back (did I ever do that?!) - Yes, I think the app will be so much better. However, I went back and read it will cost to download the devotions. So that makes me sad. :(

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...