Friday, June 20, 2014

Happy Birthday, Sweet Nice #2!

I am so excited to wish my baby sweet niece a happy (belated) birthday!  Little girl turned two on Saturday and we had a wonderful time at her birthday party.  Well... semi wonderful, what time she wasn't screaming about other kids playing with her favorite gift: the pink car. Regardless, it was great to see everyone and celebrate this beautiful blessing God gave to our family: Macy.


First of all, check out the invitation I made using Publisher.  I'm pretty excited about it! Publisher can be limiting, it's not really a heavy-hitting design program, but I manipulated what I could and liked the end result.  Then I took these to Office Depot for printing.  I may do a tutorial on how to create your own when I get a chance.

Obviously, it was a Hello Kitty theme (love!).


We created a fishing game that was easier than setting up cardboard and hiding someone behind it while kids tossed a hook over the edge.  This was SO much easier.  The pool was one of her presents and since all my fish were pink/orange/yellow, we put a blue plastic tablecloth in the bottom for "water." The fish were cut out two at a time from folded over colored paper and we drew fish details on each one.  We put a paper clip on each fish nose. Macy had a kiddie fishing rod that had never been used, so I threaded baker's twine through the loops and attached a pipe cleaner on one end, shaping it like a hook.  Add a strong magnet with some glue to the bottom of the hook and you are ready for some fishing!

As the kids "caught" fish, they redeemed them for prizes, which ended up being their goodie bags. Bracelets, candy, sunglasses, etc.  Fun stuff. No hiding behind a piece of cardboard.



The bubble machine was a huge hit.  Dancing in bubbles, what's not to love about that?!


A good ol' fashioned hay ride around the house, complete with quilts to keep little legs from being prickled by hay bits.  Sweet Niece #1 is always a HUGE help at toddler events!


This toy is what caused melt down 2.0.  Oh my, don't even think about getting in her car. OH no no! Yes, sharing is one of those things being worked on, but you know how it goes. No Nap + Birthday Excitement + Terrible Twos = MELTDOWN! *sigh*



Two super cool gifts - the handpainted chair, with West Virginia logo! - what a hit! Love it! and the handlettered and handpainted birthday card from Paulene at Leen Machine (go check out her work at Esty!)


At the end of the night, after dinner and smores, Aunt Donna and Macy chilling out, reading some books. We had a great afternoon, evening celebrating Macy and her 2nd birthday.  I thank God for both of my nieces, two wonderfully special adorable girls that I love so very much.

:)  Happy Birthday, Macy Mae.  Aunt Beth Loves You.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...