Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Musings

I have had so much on my mind I wanted to share.  Then so much more happened and the random thoughts were dramatically pushed aside to process major concerns and "front burner" things. 

One of the things that I've been processing, one of those WOW moments, was this verse of scripture:

Romans 8:26
"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words."

I can think of times where I'm just at a loss as to what to pray for or what I should ask or tell to God. Know what I mean? I just don't know where to start.  And the Holy Spirit will intercede for me and speak to God  on my behalf - He has me covered.  When I thought about that, it's proof that when we become Christians and accept Jesus Christ into our lives, the Holy Spirit does indeed come and dwell within us.  The Spirit is part of us and understands what it is we should ask the Lord our Father for and the Spirit will step in on our behalf when it's needed.

1 Corinthians 3:16
"Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?"

WHOA.  Can you full grasp that concept? I know I can't.  That's way far out of my league.  But the power in that, the love that God the Father has given to us, to give us the Spirit to convey what we need for us when we aren't able to see for ourselves. I just... I don't know what to say about that. It's powerful.

As we had a major crisis this weekend, where I thought it was predetermined that I was going to lose a cousin.  A mom to two boys (one 3 year old and one a few days old).  A sister to two brothers.  A daughter to my aunt and uncle.  Cousin to all million of us - we have a huge family.  I thought she was gone.  Oh my gosh, it shook me.  Just in that instant, I had prepared myself for the absolute worst. I asked so many people to please pray - please pray.  But I  myself, I just couldn't pray.  It was almost like if I asked God for it, I was admitting she would probably die. I just feel like in that moment the Spirit felt my breaking heart and spoke in groanings beyond my understanding, telling God my fears and needs.  Stepped in on my behalf.  Because the Spirit dwells within me, He knew what I wanted to ask for and what I needed and spoke for me.

What do you think, am I way off base here? Or am I understanding things right? 

To wrap up my weekend, so far my cousin is on the mend.  They got her back, are continuing to work with her to build up her strength so she can go home.  I'm very grateful to one doctor in particular, who did emergency surgery on my sister this summer and now on my cousin, both times with success. God heard the cries and prayers, and kept her here for another day. So thankful. So so thankful.

On a side note, it puts life in perspective for a few moments, at least.  I've had a little more patience than I normally would today.  When I felt myself getting frustrated with people, I just remembered - you don't know what they are struggling with today.  Their heart may be crushed and they need a smile.  One more negative thing may be their breaking point.  So be patient and, as my friend Paulene says, Do All Things With Love.

Thanks for listening, folks.  My randomness for the day ... :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your cousin pulled through. Or I should say, I'm so glad God pulled your cousin through. I've had those groanings in my spirit before where I didn't even have the words to pray, but Jesus did. And now I have three children and almost three grandchildren because of those intercedings. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...